Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Sports Washington magazine

Was at the local barnes and noble and saw an old issue of the "Sports Washington" magazine that Kim always hypes up as part of teh dawgman subscription. The "magazine" looks like one of those cheap catalogs you get in the mail, it's literally about 5 pages of bullshit by Fatters and it's published quarterly. What cracks me up is the Doogs on the board who look forward to receiving that piece of garbage in the mail.

Comments

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,620 Founders Club
    It was the gateway drug to dawgman for me in the 90 s
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,344 Swaye's Wigwam
    I still remember Jim Heckman comparing Willie Hurst to Barry Sanders in the Recruiting Profile.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    HuskyJW said:

I still remember BRB, J'ingO when I saw Jim Heckman comparing Willie Hurst to Barry Sanders in the Recruiting Profile.

• EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 4,138

It was the gateway drug to dawgman for me in the 90 s

Exactly. And the in season issues arrived at my mailbox after the season was over.

Seriously.
  • CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    dnc said:

Was at the local barnes and noble and saw an old issue of the "Sports Washington" magazine that Kim always hypes up as part of teh dawgman subscription. The "magazine" looks like one of those cheap catalogs you get in the mail, it's literally about 5 pages of bullshit by Fatters and it's published quarterly. What cracks me up is the Doogs on the board who look forward to receiving that piece of garbage in the mail.

OP: Did you get your Sports Washington yet?
    Generic reply one: Mine came in the mail yesterday. I already cranked it four times to that feature on Jack Lockner.
    Generic reply two: I didn't get mine.
    jismdawg: KG, CF, SE a Q, why didn't I get my SW?
    Purpledoogfan: Those white helmuts on the cover look hella sweet.

yadda, yadda, yadda
    YBE
  • RapeculturedawgRapeculturedawg Member Posts: 899

dnc said:

jismdawg: KG, CF, SE a Q, why didn't I get my SW?

This made me spit out my Cherry Coke at the Lynnwood Jimmy John's.

Great memories of making the whole front page of the Doogman Premium Bored into a jism disaster.
    I see someone here share lunch habits with me...
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,948 Founders Club

imageimage" />

Great work as always Race!
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,465 Founders Club
    I wonder if Jimmy John's has a team of lawyers that will come after us.
  • unfrozencavemanunfrozencaveman Member Posts: 2,303
    Oh no - much more than 5 pages. Lots of hot talk

Can anyone on the board put a retail value on some of the late 90's - mid 2000's issues?

I've got a few hidden - I hate to say it, but sandwiched between my favorite Playboy mags of the same era
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,633 Standard Supporter

Oh no - much more than 5 pages. Lots of hot talk

Can anyone on the board put a retail value on some of the late 90's - mid 2000's issues?

I've got a few hidden - I hate to say it, but sandwiched between my favorite Playboy mags of the same era

Unless there's a centerfold-out of Monica Hart with her pom poms and perkies, they are worth nothing.

• DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
    HuskyJW said:

I still remember Jim Heckman comparing Willie Hurst to Barry Sanders in the Recruiting Profile.

JW, he was just passing along what he heard. Sounds like you need to stop twisting.
  • insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    http://www.magazine-agent.com/Sports-Washington/Magazine

Sports Washington Magazine is the must-have resource for the ultimate University of Washington sports fanatic. Every issue provides readers with the most comprehensive and up-to-the-minute news coverage on the WU Huskies. Sports Washington is mostly comprised of hardcore reporting on Husky football and basketball, as well as in-depth analysis and information on the department’s entire recruiting processes. You will find interviews and profiles on your favorite star players, and the coaches that lead them to victory! The action-packed photography filling the pages of Sports Washington capture unforgettable Husky moments, putting readers right on the sidelines of it all. The publication covers past wins and losses, examines upcoming games and seasons, and promotes the school’s most anticipated recruits. Sports Washington Magazine makes every reader a Husky insider, celebrating the exciting world of University of Washington sports.
  • BabsGilbyTawdTyBabsGilbyTawdTy Member Posts: 1,058

You will find interviews and profiles on your favorite star players, and the coaches that lead them to victory!

This section seems to be missing from the 2008 season recap.
  • BabsGilbyTawdTyBabsGilbyTawdTy Member Posts: 1,058
    HuskyJW said:

Also on Jim Heckman's Greatest Hits:

Sports Washington's 1996 Signing Day recap:
    JH: Corey Dillon should play safety instead of running back, but he's too selfish

Fall 1996:
    Dillon sets UW's single-season rushing and TDs record

Fall 1997:
    Dillon sets NFL rookie single-game rushing record with 246 yards against Tennessee

Fall 2000
    Dillon sets NFL single-game rushing record with 278 yards against Denver

Fall 2004
    Dillon is selected to his fourth Pro Bowl. As a running back.
  • MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685